Question courtesy Rhymebawd. This was his third choice of questions, the first two being ‘why should I kill myself’ and ‘how should I kill myself’. He seems to be very fond of me, eh?
Since we’ve already done one question about killing, I thought we should do something a little different this time. 25 options for this should be tough. Nonetheless, here goes:
1. To try to even the score. The goat was full of ticks.
2. One more cross, and the double cross would be complete
3. Because someone said it was too chicken to do so.
4. It was retaliatory. The goat crossed the chicken first.
5. Everyone else was doing it! Beheti ganga mein hath dhona.
6. Because the chicken was ordered to do so.
7. The chicken was answering an exam. The question was ‘What does a cow look like?’ So the chicken ticked the picture of a cow, and crossed the goat.
8. They were racing, and whoever lost would be lunch.
9. Because the tortoise was too slow to manage it
10. The goat was speeding, and the chicken was the cop
11. It was one of the chickens quirks: if it saw anyone in front, it just had to speed up and overtake
12. A meeting of chickens was being held. “Who’s been eating all the fodder and leaving nothing for us?”; “The goat! The goat” they all shouted. “This is enemy no.1”, said the chief chicken, and crossed the goat.
13. Because the duck refused to do it.
14. “You don’t have to kill it” said the psychologist. “Just beat it at something goats are meant to be better at. That should help reduce your high BP and get over your inferiority complex”
15. Easy – the chicken had been training for weeks. The goat was a tub of lard.
16. There was no other way through; the chicken could never manage a jump over it.
17. They were both reaching for the last bottle of beer.
18. Whoever won the race would be allowed to skip the class on religion. (go figure!)
(more later. gtg for class)