Wow! This is, like, getting regular, dude! Two days in a row and all. Kewl! Next thing you know, I’ll be buying a domain and stuff. Heh.
As they say during kickoff, here we go:
- “Our roots are getting high and listening to Pink Floyd.” – Indie Music. The Shins. Hey Rhymebawd, we’re asking nicely – should we?
- The 2005 world fantasy convention awards. I haven’t read any of these. Touchy subject, incidentally. In the brief conversation that I had with Samit on breaking structures in fiction (a current obsession for me), he mentioned that China Mieville does the unconventional thing by hitting you with a culture shock, after which you’re more or less ready for anything. I think it is time I made an effort to get beyond the first few pages of Perdido Street Station.
Laxman, Kumble suffered under Ganguly by Saad Bin Jung in The Asian Age(Link dead) – I agree, when it comes to Kumble. Kumble was grossly underplayed by Ganguly. I also don’t like the way Zaheer Khan is being ignored, in spite of some excellent performances in domestic cricket and for the World XI against Aus. I’m not a fan of the Bombay Duck.
- Ambati Rayudu attacked by the oppositions skipper– Hey! This isn’t an inch on this on-field fist-fight between two players of the same team! Football 1 Cricket 0
- Manifesto of surrealism by Andre Breton. (Bookmarked)
- How to kill a mockingbird! – hehehe Beavis and Butthead do the mockingbird. Flash, incidentally.
- Life-like Games on the XBOX 360 – pros and cons, NYT. Mostly redundant POV’s.
- A gothic tour of Victorian London (Bookmarked)
- Sikhs in Science Fiction – Whaaaaaaaaaat? Why would anyone create such a page?
- Unintentionally sexual comic book covers – Maddox’ at it again. Reminds me of Dhruv Uday Singh who tried to create an Indian version of Maddox’ site, called cybersuck.tk . Not half as obnoxious, though.
- Arunadhati Roy is on Wiki. So?
- Litblogs: The Mumpsimus, The Reading Experience and Metaxucafe,The aggregator – (Bookmarked)